Great website that allows you to easily enter text and create your own wordles – choosing a font, style and layout of your own! It is fun to play with and loads of potential uses! And it is free!
Single Steps uses them to collate feedback – great visual way of getting a flavour for each event. The bigger the text, the more frequently the word has been used in the feedback. This one is from the Stirling ‘Designing for Learning’ Step 2 event.
A few other uses…
- • Enter documents/articles and find out the most frequent words – its a shame when ‘government documents’ show a decrease in the use of the word ‘learning’ and ‘creativity’!
- • Enter children’s writing to find most frequent words…map over time to see progress
- • Enter observational notes taken during group discussion/challenges. Create wordle and use to discuss language with learners
- Wordle.net (access2010.wordpress.com)
- Create word clouds with Wordle (howto.cnet.com)
- Using wordle-in-the-classroom (slideshare.net)